Basketball Australia is the governing body for the sport of basketball in Australia whose members comprise the eight state and territory basketball associations.
Basketball Australia manages elite high performance teams including national teams (Boomers, Chemist Warehouse Australian Opals, Rollers and Gliders), and elite competitions including the Women’s National Basketball League (WNBL) and annual national junior championships.
Basketball is an Olympic and Paralympic sport and shares one of the highest international profiles. As a nation, Australia is currently ranked fifth in the world by the international governing body, FIBA.
Chief Executive Officer
The Board of Basketball Australia is seeking to appoint an exceptional individual to be its next Chief Executive Officer. This is a unique and outstanding opportunity to shape the future of basketball in Australia at the elite international level and have real impact by partnering with the member associations to continue growing the sport of basketball across current and future generations of Australians.
As the leader of Basketball Australia, the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A strategic mindset coupled with a dynamic, contemporary leadership style and well-honed people skills;
- An ability to navigate complex stakeholder relationships throughout the national and local sporting environments, in particular with governing bodies, member organisations, teams, key sponsors and the players’ association;
- Strong commercial acumen and the ability to grow partnerships in the sport;
- A track record for effectively managing communication, media and public relations;
- A deep passion for sport, an understanding of the Australian sporting landscape and a strong desire to build basketball’s success internationally, nationally and at grassroots levels; and
- Impeccable ethics, humility and personal integrity.
Whilst Basketball Australia maintains a Centre of Excellence at the Australian Institute of Sport in Canberra, this role will be based at the Head Office in Melbourne, Victoria.
For all inquiries regarding this opportunity, please contact the assisting consultants, Egon Zehnder via email: email@example.com.
Applications close on Friday, 7 December 2018 at 4pm AEST.