The successful candidate will take charge of the Australian Boomers at the Tokyo Olympics, with a longer-term objective to lead the senior men’s national team program for other FIBA competitions through until the 2023 Men’s Basketball World Cup.
A high calibre six-member selection panel will oversee this recruitment process.
Upon confirming the process and selection panel, BA CEO Jerril Rechter AM said, “There are high expectations on our men’s national team going into the Tokyo Olympics and it was imperative that we assembled a credentialled selection panel to appoint not only the right coach for this unique opportunity, but the right person for our athletes and the organisation as a whole.
“In recruiting for this head coach position, Basketball Australia is seeking to appoint a candidate with a longer-term objective of leading the senior men’s national team program post a successful Tokyo Olympic campaign.
“Coaching the Australian Boomers is a privileged position. We enter this process with an open mind and are committed to appointing a coach who reflects our ambitions and best suits the needs of our senior men’s national team program.”
The selection panel will consist of:
- Matti Clements – Australian Institute of Sport, Director of Athlete Wellbeing and Engagement
- Neil Craig – Elite High Performance Consultant
- Ricky Grace AM – Sydney 2000 Olympian and BA Hall of Famer
- Peter Lonergan – BA Director, High Performance Coach Development
- Jerril Rechter AM – BA CEO
- Jan Stirling – BA Executive GM, High Performance & National Teams
Click here to view the position description.
Interested parties have until 4 November 2020 to apply.
The recruitment process is expected to be completed by December 2020.