On Wednesday 20 May 2020, Basketball Australia has today released Return to Basketball Guidelines to support state and territory member associations and the basketball community across Australia in bringing a safe return to grassroots basketball.
Basketball Australia has worked closely with state and territory associations on these guidelines, which are in line with the Federal Government’s National Principles for the Resumption of Sport and the AIS Framework for Rebooting Sport in a COVID-19 Environment.
In creating these guidelines, Basketball Australia aims to provide members and the community with clarity on what activities can resume and how best to create a safe training environment depending on the differing levels of restrictions imposed by governments.
Click here to read the full announcement.
Below are a series of resources to support the Return to Basketball Guidelines.
Return to Basketball Appendix (click to view PDF)
- Basketball Australia, Guidelines for Coaches on Return to Train Strategies
- Basketball Australia, Guidelines for Coaches on Return to Train Strategies (High Performance Emerging Pathway)
- Basketball Australia, Examples of Implementation of Return to Train Guideline
- Australian Health Protection Principal Committee, Statement on Resumption of Sport and Recreation Activities
- Australian Institute of Sport, Framework for Rebooting Sport
- Sample Poster: General Guidelines for Coaches and Athletes
- Sample Poster: Pre Training Protocols
- Sample Poster: During Training Protocols
- Sample Poster: After Training Protocols
- COVID-19 Safety Officer Position Description Template
Last updated: 25 May 2020